DA: Bodies on Long Island work of multiple killers
By Josh Einiger
HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) — Suffolk DA Tom Spota announced this afternoon that the eight bodies dicovered along Ocean Parkway since December were the victims of not one, not two, but at least THREE and possibly FOUR separate killers….Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota said,
“Clearly the area in and area Gilgo Beach has been used to discard human remains for some time. As disturbing and distasteful as that may be, it does not appear all the bodies are linked.”
Breakdown of bodies and how they are related
• Bodies 1-4 are the original case, all prostitutes murdered by a serial killer. They are unrelated to bodies 5-8, which were discovered in late
March early April [December] along the same stretch of beach.
• Body 5 is actually just the head, hands and forearm of Jessica Taylor, a prostitute whose headless and handless body was discovered (and identified) in Manorville in 2003.
• Body 6 is just the head, hands and foot of another as-yet-unidentified woman discovered in Manorville, a half mile away from Taylor’s discovery, in 2000.
• Bodies 5 and 6 are related to each other, but not to 1-4.
• Body 7 is a female toddler, age 18-24 months. There is no id, no signs of trauma but homicide has not been ruled out. Body 7 is unrelated to all the other bodies, even though it was just 200 feet from body 6.
• Body 8 is an Asian male, who was in his late teens to early twenties when he was killed, in an obviously traumatic way. There is no id for this body. It is unrelated to all the other bodies. [continued at WABC-TV New York]